• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 20 vs Scumcastle

Omni

Good point Timmah, closed doors from now on, that way we might actually win a game. It doesn't help that those 3 matches have sounded from the pitch like away games. And players are having coins thrown at them, can't believe Breeze was going to card Hutcho for that.

Timmah

I was on top of that, Breeze was asking him if he wanted to report the incident, not threatening him with a card.

How the game sounds all depends on where you sit. The Marinators have nothing to be ashamed of. Breeze on the other hand... ;-)

Omni

I hope he said yes, Scum can complain all they want but if you're stupid enough to do that you get what you deserve, keep Scummers from attending away games. Will be interesting to see what happens after the game, with that incident and Mr Griffiths punch on Kwasnik (oh sorry it was "accidental", with a clenched fist and momentum)

Timmah

As usual, the scum will no doubt get away with it. That's what hurts the most. No security staff doing a f*cking thing, police riot squad watching on happily.

Jocwa08

noremac said:
Firstly, Holland AND Griffo scored.

What could have happened didn't and you guys still failed to block out griffo's runs and one of your old mates, hollands scored. If we really had ONE person who could score, how come teams arent stopping him from scoring? you would have thought something would have caught on huh?

also, What you think might have happened given different situation may be true, but either way.. It didn't.

Griffo
Worst
Nickname
Ever.

Very dissapointed, to the Jets fan that wanted to fight me after the match, i hope your on this forum just know i f*cking hate you, your worst than "Griffo" and Holland put together.
Not to mention you were in your 20's and im going on 16, get a life.

Bex

Ouch, that game was hard to take.

Well won Newcastle; I was glad to see their fans enjoying the win so much.

I know we can play much better and I'm sure we will next week.

Deej

Personally I feel Sasho was poor, Tommy was poor and our defence were poor, yet again 2 very silly goals, especially the first!

Simon looked average when he came on, Gumps had some determination (probably coz he's fresh), Kwas started well and looked better than recent weeks until Griffiths broke his nose......we're in finals, may not be top or even top 2 but hey look on the bright side, things can only get better!

LFCMariners

Timmah said:
Someone said earlier that Mariners fans go to games irrespective of how their team is going... we've now haven't won a game since how long ago? mid-Dec or late November from memory... yet we've posted three straight crowd records? If that isn't the mark of a committed fan base, I don't know what is.

That was me. The truth hurts Scum fans, it's a fact. Another fact is that when it comes to the business end of the season (i.e the semis) we still PWN them 100%.

serious14

Newcastle Jets - lowest scoring team in the A-League despite having the league's highest scorer.  GEE, DO YOU THINK THEY RELY ON ONE PLAYER A BIT TOO MUCH??

Neutralise Griffiths, you neutralise Newcastle.  Simple.

Andy

serious14 said:
Newcastle Jets - lowest scoring team in the A-League despite having the league's highest scorer.  GEE, DO YOU THINK THEY RELY ON ONE PLAYER A BIT TOO MUCH??

:thumbup: Love it!

serious14

78911682.jpg

Name and shame time - wonder if that idiot in the white jersey has the balls to come forward and admit he threw the coin??  HAHAHAHA, who am I kidding, of course not - those wankers up the freeway have that whole "protect your own no matter what" fully hardcore sick ultra dickhead mentality going on.

Still, having to root your sister (who is also your aunt, brother, and grandfather) your whole life and only having a Year 2 education - guess that does things to people, no??

serious14

After reading that "thread", I really only have two things to say:

Joel Griffiths.  Diver extrordanaire.  Assistant referee's crotch.  Enough said.  No "blowing of kisses" can ever compare to STRIKING A MATCH OFFICIAL IN THE UNMENTIONABLES.  Idiots.

Can _anyone_ in that sh*thole of a town spell/type properly??  F*ck me, my eyes hurt after every time I visit that website, honestly......

Newieutd

serious14 said:
Newcastle Jets - lowest scoring team in the A-League despite having the league's highest scorer.   GEE, DO YOU THINK THEY RELY ON ONE PLAYER A BIT TOO MUCH??

LOL. Simple to say, not simple to do.

Newieutd

serious14 said:
I'd go on another rant about Breeze too, but what's the point??   He is a (corrupt) blight on the League who doesn't even know what a f*cking backpass is, pure and simple.

You have to be kidding if you thought that ball was a backpass. If it was your team that backpassed that ball and free kick given would you not have whinged about that???

Newieutd

Timmah said:
Someone said earlier that Mariners fans go to games irrespective of how their team is going... we've now haven't won a game since how long ago? mid-Dec or late November from memory... yet we've posted three straight crowd records? If that isn't the mark of a committed fan base, I don't know what is.

I think with it getting close to the finals, hype is what is bringing increased crowds. I see that as a more of a reason for getting larger crowds then a "commited fan base".

p.s. not saying you dont have a commited fan base, im just saying i think that is not the main reason you have the increased crowd figures. Regardless it is an awesome achievement to get that many people through the gates. Well done

Newieutd

BJ said:
neither does on M. Breeze running out with the whistle. Give me a near full strength Mariners side next weekend and a different ref and I can see a confidence boosting 3 points headed to Gosford once more.

Dont Embarrass yourself with crap about the ref being bias. Wake up.
Do you honestly think the ref had anything to do with it.
It was a reasonably even game.
Where we played better then we normally do and you guys didnt play to what you normally can and we rode our luck.

Ref had nothing to do with it

mustapha_beer

:headbutt:

That was woeful, absolutely woeful.....from the opening cock-up infested minutes to the ineffectual end. We defended absolutely abysmally again. Thompson & Griffiths in the past 3 weeks have made absolute monkeys out of our back 4. There's just not enough pace there to contain any opposition that breaks quickly and moves the ball around well, like Newcastle did.

Much as we may hate to admit it, the better team won....simple as that. Breeze may have made one or two daft decisions, but he did not have the same influence on Saturday as he did against Bling Bling. We lost the game all on our own.

There are now several different permutations, but we'll have to be pretty lucky to get a top 2 finish....even then, I'm not sure we'd really deserve it. I don't doubt the guys effort & commitment, and I don't doubt Lawrie & his team are trying everything they can think of, but we just seem to get carved up by any half decent opposition at the moment. Even Perth could have beaten us...would have in fact, if it hadn't been for Danny.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred