• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Semi final “second half”

midfielder

What you have to realise is if there are 15k at this game that’s only about 5k of rusted ons who dislike the band 10k of fly ins and the band adds to atmosphere and the fly ins will love it. I totally get why it’s back and this is about the club trying to win more members next season and not us rusted ons. All we want is the win. At these games you find the chants are less effective when two thirds of the crowd don’t know them as well. The price of popularity.
Assume your 5 out of 15 is correct.... we all started as one of the 10k band wagon folk... the trick and maybe the band will get some of the 10K back for non finals matches...

Hello Sailor

I don't personally like the band coz l feel it can override and take away from the organic noise made by active support. Allow Bay 16 which will probably be 2 people to a seat to provide the soundtrack, not people who have rocked up just coz it's a semi-final. I can understand why people like it, but opinions etc.
I hate the band. The playing was sometimes truly awful, but mostly it was annoying and distracting me from watching the game. I paid to watch a game of football, not have an amateur brass band assail me. That said, I am not much into the chants either.

FFC Mariner

I hate the band. The playing was sometimes truly awful, but mostly it was annoying and distracting me from watching the game. I paid to watch a game of football, not have an amateur brass band assail me. That said, I am not much into the chants either.
This this this.
The band is annoying, cringeworthy and they want it to be all about them.
I doubt they would be dumb enough to go near 16 after the stick they got last time.

Big Al

The last couple of times the band was separated from active and only did a few walk throughs which is about right imo. The grannies and kids love it.

Active is great but it is not all about them the same as it’s not about the band.

That said looking for the bay to pumping all night so all we talk about is them and the win

shipwreck

Not a fan of the band but they have just as much right to play as the active people have to chant.

As long as they wear yellow and are there to support the team (I.e can name at least 3 of the current players and aren't just using it as an opportunity to have people forced to listen to them) I'll be happy

turbo

Allow Bay 16 which will probably be 2 people to a seat to provide the soundtrack, not people who have rocked up just coz it's a semi-final.
With no disrespect intended because I love what the bay brings - but how can you talk about the bay being 2 to a seat then talk about the band just rocking up because it's a semi final. The week to week crew is nowhere near that big.

turbo

The last couple of times the band was separated from active and only did a few walk throughs which is about right imo. The grannies and kids love it.

Active is great but it is not all about them the same as it’s not about the band.

That said looking for the bay to pumping all night so all we talk about is them and the win
This is it for me. It's being looked at like a conflict rather than a team effort. In our stadium its hard to get the noise to carry never mind doing so clearly enough to understand them. The band can fill some of that gap and enhance the atmosphere. I dont want them playing for 90 minutes but there's no suggestion they will.

Josho Howe

With no disrespect intended because I love what the bay brings - but how can you talk about the bay being 2 to a seat then talk about the band just rocking up because it's a semi final. The week to week crew is nowhere near that big.
Fair enough, my thought on it is that we've been fine without them, they're gonna be there so that's fine, but it's just a personal preference and i'm biased since i've been in the bay for a while. Active support whatever the numbers are there every game, a brass band of people who probably don't care much for football are not ?‍♂️

Corsair

Fair enough, my thought on it is that we've been fine without them, they're gonna be there so that's fine, but it's just a personal preference and i'm biased since i've been in the bay for a while. Active support whatever the numbers are there every game, a brass band of people who probably don't care much for football are not ?‍♂️
I'm feeling some football superstition about them being there.....got this far without them this season...

Insertnamehere

Assuming bay rd is jammed from 5, where else should the fellas and I have beers? Aside from the leaguesy. Been a long time since I've gone to gosford early to worry about beering before a game.

localpom

Assuming bay rd is jammed from 5, where else should the fellas and I have beers? Aside from the leaguesy. Been a long time since I've gone to gosford early to worry about beering before a game.
Lots of good places now. The "new" Gosford hotel, Railway Hotel, At Baker Street, Drifters and Lyons Den are all pretty decent. Like the Bay best but it will be packed.

adz

Staff member
I'm not a fan of the band. You would think that playing the same few songs over and over for however many years they would at least be good at one of them by now. They don't bother looking at the game to see what is going on and what sort of tunes might be appropriate, although they only seem to have a few tunes worth of sheet music. "The Great Escape" should not be played when we're flogging someone or being flogged. That one is a tune for if you manage to scrape a draw or a close win at the last minute. Marching around the stands is bloody awful. People are there for the football, not to hear "Don't stop believing" butchered by people getting in the way of the game. Go sit under the palm trees and get your much needed practice if you must do it at the game, and stop bothering football fans, please.

That ends my review of the band.
??

FFC Mariner

I'm not a fan of the band. You would think that playing the same few songs over and over for however many years they would at least be good at one of them by now. They don't bother looking at the game to see what is going on and what sort of tunes might be appropriate, although they only seem to have a few tunes worth of sheet music. "The Great Escape" should not be played when we're flogging someone or being flogged. That one is a tune for if you manage to scrape a draw or a close win at the last minute. Marching around the stands is bloody awful. People are there for the football, not to hear "Don't stop believing" butchered by people getting in the way of the game. Go sit under the palm trees and get your much needed practice if you must do it at the game, and stop bothering football fans, please.

That ends my review of the band.
??
Very balanced I think.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred