• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Semi final “second half”

LFCMariners

Check the crowd out lol

346774545_1970304803308521_5048857909038203881_n.png
Tough week for that bloke in the Gunners top

LFCMariners

Won’t be there on Saturday night as i have a wedding to attend (lucky bastard is a SFC fan so he gets to watch his team Friday night). I’ll be annoyed if the game is tied up, goes through to ET and then to penalties just to draw it out even longer. Would rather enjoy the wedding reception 100% instead of checking my phone/ iPad constantly through the evening and Murphy’s Law would dictate that is what happens BUT-

Saying that-

Call it arrogance but I feel more confident about this match than I have about any of their matches in a long time. Wouldn’t surprise me if the tie is effectively over after 70 mins (and would be nice to have this knowledge and spend the rest of the night in Sydney at ease). Adelaide have no option but to chase the game, leaving them exposed in defence where they are brittle AND they’re disrupted by injuries.

Coupled with that, also factoring in how well-drilled CCM have looked for the past couple of months and buoyed by a healthy home crowd, I’m confident I’ll be there at Parramatta on the 3rd to cheer them on.

Tevor

What you have to realise is if there are 15k at this game that’s only about 5k of rusted ons who dislike the band 10k of fly ins and the band adds to atmosphere and the fly ins will love it. I totally get why it’s back and this is about the club trying to win more members next season and not us rusted ons. All we want is the win. At these games you find the chants are less effective when two thirds of the crowd don’t know them as well. The price of popularity.

booney

So pissed off as have to go to Sydney for educational/training seminar so cannot go the game but will be able to see on TV .Feel we should be too strong for them especially at home and with massive crowd support.A repeat of our first half performance should ensure a win and our great second half defence will have given the team the confidence to go on with the job.

Would not be surprised if we play Sydney in the GF.

turbo

You are making a big assumption in saying there are 5k of rusted ons who dislike the band. There may be 5k rusted on fans but only a proportion of them would say they actively dislike the band.
Exactly. At most you'd be talking a couple of thousand that actively dislike them, maybe even in the hundreds.

booney

Many fans from other clubs have asked me why the band is no longer with us.They said the band's presence was often a highlight for them especially during our dark years-some said the band was our only shining light in that period and was hard to disagree.

I am neither for or against the band.I am there for the football and am not interested in pre match entertainment or half time jinks but appreciate many people do like this ,especially young kids.I do enjoy the half time mini games and long may they continue.

Josho Howe

I don't personally like the band coz l feel it can override and take away from the organic noise made by active support. Allow Bay 16 which will probably be 2 people to a seat to provide the soundtrack, not people who have rocked up just coz it's a semi-final. I can understand why people like it, but opinions etc.

Corsair

So pissed off as have to go to Sydney for educational/training seminar so cannot go the game but will be able to see on TV .Feel we should be too strong for them especially at home and with massive crowd support.A repeat of our first half performance should ensure a win and our great second half defence will have given the team the confidence to go on with the job.

Are you sure? You don't look well, you probably shouldn't go to Sydney, but you might feel better by kick off if you're lucky ;) :p

scoober

Easy solution, just send the Inanimate Rod in your place. No one will know.
1684374780550.jpeg1684374806524.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred