• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Semi final “second half”

scottmac

Suspended
Not to rehash things that are already gone but ........ Watching the 1st game back the penalty did not come off ibisuki into Kaltak. It came off Kaltak into Kaltak which is not a penalty. It clearly comes off Kaltak 1st time too.

ConsKrypt

Not to rehash things that are already gone but ........ Watching the 1st game back the penalty did not come off ibisuki into Kaltak. It came off Kaltak into Kaltak which is not a penalty. It clearly comes off Kaltak 1st time too.
You're 100% correct, just rewatched this part myself.. Cannot believe I didn't pick up on it at the time

Fishsdad

You're 100% correct, just rewatched this part myself.. Cannot believe I didn't pick up on it at the time
Folks, 2022-3 LOTG re Handball below

"It is an offence if a player:....touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised."
I doubt any ref in any grade would have ruled that Kaltak's arm was in a natural position.

I've said before that it is (almost) a duty of fans to see such calls as wrong and/or unfair. It's part of being a passionate supporter.

But in this case the call was correct.

scottmac

Suspended
Folks, 2022-3 LOTG re Handball below

"It is an offence if a player:....touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised."
I doubt any ref in any grade would have ruled that Kaltak's arm was in a natural position.

I've said before that it is (almost) a duty of fans to see such calls as wrong and/or unfair. It's part of being a passionate supporter.

But in this case the call was correct.
Isn't there a part of the rule that says if it comes directly of the player into their arm (ie: the second touch) it's not a handball? Or is that a part of the rule that changed this year? It's definitely been ruled that way this year and that's what I'm going off here. Could be wrong, it's happened before I think ?

Last edited:

turbo

Also thinking if the APL/FFA wanted a stooge to ref a certain way in this game then they picked the wrong guy in Faghani. He does nothing he doesn't want to and alot of things he shouldn't only because you don't want him to.
He will give us everything as physical as last week. He has his quirks to play around but if we play like last week his appointment will suit us.

scottmac

Suspended
He will give us everything as physical as last week. He has his quirks to play around but if we play like last week his appointment will suit us.
Agreed. It makes for a shit football game though because Adelaide know they can go at us. We just need to not be the first team to complain. This game will come down to who complained first and with isais I'm betting it will be them. I'd be worried if we still had old mate at right back.....

Wombat

Assuming bay rd is jammed from 5, where else should the fellas and I have beers? Aside from the leaguesy. Been a long time since I've gone to gosford early to worry about beering before a game.
Your options are:

1. The Sailing club
2. Drifters Wharf
3. @ Baker st
4. The Leagues Club
5. Gosford Hotel
6. Bay st brewery
7. The Railway Hotel
8. Pinocchios Kibble Park.
also The Settlers Hotel at west gosford is only a 6 min walk and has very good food for a pub.

Wombat

I'm not a fan of the band. You would think that playing the same few songs over and over for however many years they would at least be good at one of them by now. They don't bother looking at the game to see what is going on and what sort of tunes might be appropriate, although they only seem to have a few tunes worth of sheet music. "The Great Escape" should not be played when we're flogging someone or being flogged. That one is a tune for if you manage to scrape a draw or a close win at the last minute. Marching around the stands is bloody awful. People are there for the football, not to hear "Don't stop believing" butchered by people getting in the way of the game. Go sit under the palm trees and get your much needed practice if you must do it at the game, and stop bothering football fans, please.

That ends my review of the band.
??
For the non regular the band is f**king awesome. When they would storm through the Leagues before the game the fans would perk up and the locals would cream themselves.......wtf was that??

Last edited:

Wombat

That's a very easy question to answer womby.... For me anyway.....
f**king hell are you and Hello Sailor related to my wife? What is it about Aussies and being anti social?......having said that my brother is shocking. My brother in law employed him on the Nothern Beaches in the early 90's when he emigrated to remove windsreeens but he has scaring all the panel beaters and he had to let him go. He asked me.... can you get him to chill out and talk nicely to our customers. I can try.....but i failed. Think of an extra in Snatch but less friendly lol.
Amusingingly he became a postman lol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred