• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The age of mediocrity is now

Corsair

It’s not mate. I speak to a number of both players and staff pretty regularly and quite candidly, and I don’t post “PR bollocks” on here.
Fair enough, I'm certainly not in the circles you are so will take your word for it.

To be clear, what i meant was I would expect the players to have been instructed not to say anything negative about the Manager so the whole truth might not be expressed. No slight on you intended so apologies if you took it that way.

Not in a very positive frame of mind about our prospects this season so some cynicism is seeping out. I'm trying to contain it and be positive. Hopefully we'll get a win tonight in Bali and that'll turn the ship around.

Big Dog

I did mention before the Perth game a concern our two main strikers were not really able to influence the games they were a part of. In my mind this comes down to a few possibilites... they are not doing what they've been instructed to do, they're not adjusting to the changes in the squad or playing style. Both of these things could have prompted highlighting from the manager.
My own thoughts are it's a manager issue in terms of finding the right formation for this squad. Pre season I expressed concerns for our midfield and CB depth and I stand by it in our current formation. Formation needs to built around your squad. You can only do it the other way if you have a lot of talent and depth... which imo we don't have. It needs tweaking, as some have suggested, to get the best of what we have.

scottmac

Suspended
Still can't get over the fact this thread exists 3 weeks into a title defence. Really goes to show the level of hurt this membership still holds. There are a number of posts that get put about because decisions the club makes don't go the way people believe they should as if they know better than the club. Case in point the gaffer. The second things don't go perfectly it's used as evidence the club was wrong. It's why I've tried to stay out of this thread because I'm too quick to let fly with posts that are offensive to people that have those ideas.

Ironbark

The dark times scarred a lot of us, myself included. It's very easy to feel jaded very quickly.

I just keep reminding myself it's early in a rebuild, and we have been doing a lot of things right except for scoring even though we're creating the chances.

I do agree these tactics may not suit our team. A big part of that could be Jacko not knowing his players strengths and weaknesses well enough yet.

For example, how much does he know about Alou's strengths? We all watched his time with us and know him to be fast, especially on the counter, and exceptional in the air. But we haven't set up for that so far, that I've seen. Jacko has likely not seen those previous games.

So, do we adjust to the cattle we have (I would, but that's me) or do we train the players to the system...?

This is what will make or break Jacko. Either way I hope it works out as a successful team is obviously the goal for everyone

Last edited:

pjennings

My expectation after losing Monty was tempered.

With Danny, Brian, Fazz and Storm included in the back 4 and Niz and Max in front of them, with Tulio and a returning Alou I did, and still believe finals should be our aim - inspite of the rebuild. If that means some hard decions by MJ in the coming months so be it. Monty was never much on keeping people when he realised he made a mistake.

Jacko didn't pick the squad but he must either get the current squad working better or make changes quickly. Probably a combination of both.

priorpeter

Fair enough, I'm certainly not in the circles you are so will take your word for it.

To be clear, what i meant was I would expect the players to have been instructed not to say anything negative about the Manager so the whole truth might not be expressed. No slight on you intended so apologies if you took it that way.

Not in a very positive frame of mind about our prospects this season so some cynicism is seeping out. I'm trying to contain it and be positive. Hopefully we'll get a win tonight in Bali and that'll turn the ship around.
No offence taken mate, just wanted to set the record straight ?

Allreet?

My expectation after losing Monty was tempered.

With Danny, Brian, Fazz and Storm included in the back 4 and Niz and Max in front of them, with Tulio and a returning Alou I did, and still believe finals should be our aim - inspite of the rebuild. If that means some hard decions by MJ in the coming months so be it. Monty was never much on keeping people when he realised he made a mistake.

Jacko didn't pick the squad but he must either get the current squad working better or make changes quickly. Probably a combination of both.
I still expect us to make the finals. I think we've mostly dominated our matches (while at 11 v 11 or with Kaltak on the park). We're just disorganised and in each other's way in the final third. Sort that out and the points will start to flow.

pjennings

I must admit when we were under pressure at the end I would have loved to be able to bring on someone like Matt Hatch. I used to love it when we broke when under pressure and Matt got onto clearances and went up the other end for a goal. Even if he didn't score it put pressure on the opposition so that they didn't commit as many forward.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred