• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM v WU.. Spool Bowl.. Our hope for redemption!

booney

Topor-Stanley's deserved red card certainly helped our second half revival but with Kuol already showing his willingness to run at defenders and thus reinvigorating Cummings it was already happening.

Beni and Ayongo also started taking on players and creating mayhem in the WU penalty area.Faz was up for it and what a great header from Cumming's well placed cross.

Having Cummings,Kuol,Beni and Ayongo together on the pitch and their willingness to change and switch positions confused the defenders and more goals could have eventuated but for Lacroix's height and presence at the heart of the defence.

TBF both the WU goals were well taken and they certainly play well on the counter.

Triantis looks to be a good signing and is calm.Also Kaltak definitely improved and may have turned the corner as he adjusts to the pace of the A-League.

marinermick

And yeah having seen the TV coverage the second hall on the pitch is complete bullshit. Zero influence on play and the ball wasn’t even crossed before the other was off.

I disagree with this. WU players stop playing when the second ball was on the pitch and one players stops closing down the player that passed to Max.

As much as we think the decision was bullshit it was correct as there were two balls on the pitch and it interfered with play.

What I am unsure of is that if VAR has a mandate to rule on this but I suspect they have.

Tevor

And yeah having seen the TV coverage the second hall on the pitch is complete bullshit. Zero influence on play and the ball wasn’t even crossed before the other was off.
Dingo explains it well in his after game interview, the Ref allowed play to go on and if there wasn’t a goal play would not have stopped so to go back after the goal and decide it influenced the play is very ordinary. Pain did put his hands up and you can’t tell how the other ball made it on the pitch from the replays. Very tuff decision on us but hey how is that ever a surprise. No VAR it was all on the assistant.

Kilsin

I disagree with this. WU players stop playing when the second ball was on the pitch and one players stops closing down the player that passed to Max.

As much as we think the decision was bullshit it was correct as there were two balls on the pitch and it interfered with play.

What I am unsure of is that if VAR has a mandate to rule on this but I suspect they have.
Diamante threw the ball onto the pitch though, he even apologised to Monty after the game. It was a grub tactic that cost us a fair goal.

Do the rules cover player interference in a situation like that? It was intentional by an opposing player to slow the game down.

Tevor

Assistant made the decision, it was too quick to have VAR involved and I don’t think they can help in that situation. If the assistant put his flag up straight away then I can cop it but if he didn’t until after the goal then that is poor officiating.

turbo

The second ball didn’t cause any confusion or interfere. The few that did stop - mostly Pain I think - did it to slow things down. Should have played the whistle and got on with it. If one of our players stopped defending due to an obvious foul and the ref said play on we would be slamming them, I don’t see this as any different.

You may be right on the VAR approach to the issue. Would be interesting to see where that ball came from there were some players down that corner.

With what Kilsin said it’s even more obvious it didn’t cause confusion it was a deliberate delaying tactic. Get on with the game. Should have been a yellow for Diamanti too.

Last edited:

marinermick

Diamante threw the ball onto the pitch though, he even apologised to Monty after the game. It was a grub tactic that cost us a fair goal.

Do the rules cover player interference in a situation like that? It was intentional by an opposing player to slow the game down.

Law has nothing written about players throwing the ball on the pitch. Law is clear

marinermick

The second ball didn’t cause any confusion or interfere. The few that did stop - mostly Pain I think - did it to slow things down. Should have played the whistle and got on with it. If one of our players stopped defending due to an obvious foul and the ref said play on we would be slamming them, I don’t see this as any different.

You may be right on the VAR approach to the issue. Would be interesting to see where that ball came from there were some players down that corner.

With what Kilsin said it’s even more obvious it didn’t cause confusion it was a deliberate delaying tactic. Get on with the game. Should have been a yellow for Diamanti too.

Yes it did. Watch the replay. Defenders stopped running and closing down

marinermick

The defender stopped and put his arms up, it wasn’t confusion or interference he made a deliberate choice to stop and protest rather than play.

This statement just confirms there was interference.

The law doesn’t make allowances for different circumstances.

BaysideMariner

After attending the game and now watching the replay my thoughts on Kaltak.
Won every ball in the air like a beast.
In the first half given too much time to think and no one presenting themselves to pass to he looked nervy.
In the second half he had Kuol, Farrell and Nkololo presenting themselves for passes he looked far more effective.

Last edited:

true believer

I thought the opposite.
kaltac was a much better in the second half with faz at left back
stormy was a lamb to the slaughter on the left and monty needs to take the blame for that .

kaltac's individual skill set is ok . one on one he was good .on watching again last night .
i rate him higher than john .as long as the right players are inside and outside of him .
I think his read of the game will get better ,but that's only gunna happen with game time .

this will be a big game , next week . rudin plays hang ten off the bar rope a dope .
over confident rudin and the bookies think their gunna towel us up .;)

turbo

This statement just confirms there was interference.

The law doesn’t make allowances for different circumstances.
I would argue it doesn’t confirm interference at all because a clear choice was made by that player to stop and complain rather than play. There was no deflection, no uncertainty over which ball was in play, just a half hearted reason to throw his hands up and attempt to officiate the game on the refs behalf. This is going to be an agree to disagree thing.

The fact the ref or assistant didn’t stop play immediately means they don’t think it was interference but then back tracking for a goal means we’ve been put at a huge disadvantage because our best outcome from that phase of play was a corner.

shipwreck

I would argue it doesn’t confirm interference at all because a clear choice was made by that player to stop and complain rather than play. There was no deflection, no uncertainty over which ball was in play, just a half hearted reason to throw his hands up and attempt to officiate the game on the refs behalf. This is going to be an agree to disagree thing.

The fact the ref or assistant didn’t stop play immediately means they don’t think it was interference but then back tracking for a goal means we’ve been put at a huge disadvantage because our best outcome from that phase of play was a corner.
I 100% agree with this. Since when does a player choosing to stop justify interference?

If there is a shirt pull that doesn't justify a shirt pull and the player stops to complain, would we all expect a goal to be cancelled out because he gave up?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred