• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM v WU.. Spool Bowl.. Our hope for redemption!

Wombat

I thought Triantis was decent. We are screaming out for Dan Hall though.
Traintis was very solid. Good game but let me watch the two goals we conceded because the defence was woeful both times.

Nizz was poor and him and Ballard are just not firing in the middle of the park but we have no one better so its up to Monty to get those boys to drive forward and not always be so insipid.

All the players dropped deserved it after a gutless effort last week but they redeeemed themselves with great second half displays today.

Let me watch the game on TV before i give my ratings but at the game I thought..

Cumdog 3
Kuol 2
Faz or Triantis 1

EDIT.... I watched the game on TV. Nizzy and Maxy were much better than i thought.

I feel we will improve after this game. The defence was better but is still wobbly. Aquilina had a great second half but still is green positionally when defending.

My team for next week...

Danny
Aquilina Triantis Hall Faz
Kuol Max Niz N'kololo
Ayongo Dingo

Last edited:

Michael

Triantis was superb, I hope he starts as many games as humanly possible. So calm. Preferably next to Kelechi when he’s fit. Kaltak didn’t impress me live to be honest. I thought niz and max were better than last week, still have gears to move onto for sure though.
guys like Ruhs, Silvera and Tulio are now in the shoes that fazz, beni and Paul were in today. They should be dropped next week and show a similar reaction when given the chance. f**k me that’s as healthy as a football squad gets.

Meerkat

I haven’t got much to say except eating my words from my week long outpouring of negativity ?? but I was absolutely fearing the first at 0-2 down tonight. What a blessed relief and sweet, sweet victory that was.

Our defence is still a serious concern. Like later in pre-season, I feel we ard just trying to score more than we concede.. duh obviously.. but the fact that we are conceding so many is a concern and we have faced the weakest teams (currently) in the comp so far.

Until we can sort the glaring holes and vulnerabilities in the defence, I’m going to remain wary and nervous…

But am VERY grateful I’m avoiding another sleepless night tonight following what really looked like a sure defeat. ????

FFC Mariner

Not going to do a huge post this time. Monty made the necessary changes from last week (bar Kaltak because Kelechi was injured) and then again at half time when from the 20th min onwards we weren’t upto snuff. He bit the bullet with the triple change. I f**king rate that.
that first 15minutes was the exact reaction we needed. Very unfortunate not to be 2-0 up. 2 sucker punch goals had me and my mates fearing the worst.
1: absolute hold my hands total f**king credit to fazz, beni and Ayongo… the boys rightfully dropped from last week all scoring and showing mental strength. They start next week.
2: garang changed the game.
3: Cumdog in my opinion is in the top 3 best players we’ve ever had in this clubs history. Do not argue with me.
4: Dannys passion on every goal with us down that end gave me goosebumps. Waited over 10 years for Danny to tell me the score. Goosebumps.
Tommy P
Daylight
Cumdingo

Tevor

I watched the replay, Silvera’s distribution and shots in the first half were woeful and when Kuol came on the distribution improved second to none and that was the difference. Their second goal was all Silvera as well, he could have taken down Milanovic in our half but doesn’t. He needed to take one for the team. Their first goal was very good and to be honest very hard to prevent. Kaltak, Ruhs and Aqualina all very serviceable. I was very frustrated at half time but that makes the win feel even better. Silvera to the bench and should stay there. Tulio as he adjusts to this league will be very handy, similar to Moresche who took time to find his feet.

Corsair

What a roller-coaster game! We looked in big trouble, then subs changed everything.

Kaltak is a liability, whilst he mostly played well his mistakes and some of the risks he takes are a big problem for a CB. I'd like to see Hall back in and see how he goes. Triantis looks the goods, had a great game.

Faz with a repeat of his debut goal, a little ride on the pine picked him up big time.

Cummings and Kuol both outstanding. The positioning and movement from Cummings is absolute class, I don't think you can teach that, he's a natural striker. Great to see him play a full game as well.

Best game I've been to for ages, still buzzing!

Michael

If Cummings doesn't make the WC squad, GA is dumber than I thought. Seriously he creates so much, has put the ball in the net routinely, can finish outside or inside the box but most importantly, is flexible and can adapt within a game that isn't working
Should’ve been 2 goals 2 assists, how they ruled out his worldy strike is beyond me. That 2nd ball on the pitch didn’t effect any play. Laughable

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
If Cummings doesn't make the WC squad, GA is dumber than I thought. Seriously he creates so much, has put the ball in the net routinely, can finish outside or inside the box but most importantly, is flexible and can adapt within a game that isn't working
IF and i emphasise IF, Joker & Garangski go to the Cup , it will be a waste of airfares cause Arnie aint dropping his favourite's come hell or high water

turbo

Watching the mini match now. For their first goal Ballard ran into no man’s land and left a man open behind him. Initially I thought Roux should have done more but was occupied with Wales. Zero urgency from Tulio to get back too. Either him or Ballard could have picked that man up who was jogging through. You could argue communication between Triantis and Kaltak but I think it was mostly a midfield failure
And for goal 2 pain ran past everyone. Started behind Ruhs(I think) and the player heading out the ball. Again a lack of urgency to track back. CBS made a bit of a meal of it too. Need to bed a combo in.

Ironbark

I'll be interested to see peoples' player assessments after watching a replay with the calmness of knowing we ultimately win the game.

WUs goals aside - I thought Kaltek was good and at times did some fantastic work. I see why Monty likes him and predict we'll be raving about him later in the season. Ditto for Balard.
Balard and Niz did some good harassing and ball pinching this game and looked to be improved again.

Triantis is the goods. Future Socceroo imo, really like how he plays.

Doesn't need to be said - Kuol and Cummings, so good. Shame we'll lose Kuol, not just for his ability but for his combination play and partnership with the Dingo. That pairing is going to continue to produce.
These two are both such smart and technically able players, some of their passes, plays and trickery were simply first class.

Tulio showed much more than in his earlier games (as most of the team did) and when he settles in will be another good signing I predict. Clearly has some ability but is still learning the ebb and flow of his teammates and has tried a little too hard in his key moments. I think his desperation to get off the mark has hampered him slightly too.

Silvera - still really mixed on Sammy. Had an off game, but scored in each of the first 2 games and can play well for us. I guess consistency is his issue but is still young. Monty seems the type who can develop him through that. If he gets there and plays well consistently the club will make some money off him.

Faz - goes to show had an off game last week and learnt from it. Young player so won't complain. He'll be better for it in general.

Aquilina, also young, has some consistency and decision development to go but has pace and can attack which we need from our wingbacks the way we are playing. If he can develop will be good for us there. I was critical of bringing Storm back but pleased to be shown wrong when at RB.

Beni, Ayongo, and several of our wingers/forwards - were dynamic in attack and rotation in the last third of the game. Some great one touch moments, too, keeping it fluid and quick and moving the defence around. Keep that up and we'll score more ofter than not. In fact if you watch the first half again you'll see like 8 shots in the first 10 minutes, and a lot of our shots WU get a last-second body or foot in the way. They defended those well, but without that last-second foot in the way we could have been up very early.
This effected Ruhs play too, and after running as hard as he could for the start of the game was gassed and had a couple of donkey touches. I expect he'll score us a few this season too. Fast, strong and willing.

Teams that press our midfield will change all of this so I'm curious to see how that goes and what our plan is for it. If we can see it Monty can so here's hoping.

Overall I was deflated when we went down a goal after dominating and taking so many blocked shots, then worse after the 2nd. At halftime I still had hope we could win as the balance of play was ours and knew we had weapons to come on. Ultimately our defence needs to build their relationships and awareness better still, the team as a unit needs to defend better with individuals knowing their roles, tracking back and covering each other more proactively.
We aren't the rocks we were with Kye in there but need to remember it took him a couple of years to get to that point an Dan is/was still on his way.

For the most part the ref was good and let the game run as much as he could. The red card was a rare bonus (and the correct decision) but the Dingo goal that was chalked off was a bit insane. At that point the team could really have been deflated but lifted instead and that's one of the most exciting parts of the day for me - the fight, the resilience and getting on with turning it on when backed into a corner is what makes a team a real winning team. May it continue!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred