• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM v WU.. Spool Bowl.. Our hope for redemption!

Tevor

Surely at least one or Dan Hall or Triantis starts?

It's surprising that Windust isn't making these squads, especially last week. Same with Kuzevski and Cresnar.
Not much given away with these 20 player squads. I will be disappointed if there aren’t a couple of changes for this game. Need to see an improvement in attitude or I’ll start to think something is wrong in the dressing room.

turbo

Not much given away with these 20 player squads. I will be disappointed if there aren’t a couple of changes for this game. Need to see an improvement in attitude or I’ll start to think something is wrong in the dressing room.
To bring one of the young blokes in it would mean dropping someone out entirely, so who would that be? I don’t see Monty being so pissed he sends someone from starting to left out entirely. Not at this stage. Those guys will get their shot but not at the cost of upheaval 3 games in

Tevor

To bring one of the young blokes in it would mean dropping someone out entirely, so who would that be? I don’t see Monty being so pissed he sends someone from starting to left out entirely. Not at this stage. Those guys will get their shot but not at the cost of upheaval 3 games in
To clarify I’m not talking about bringing the young guys in, I mean two or three starters get benched and not just role out the same starting 11 again baring any injuries. To be honest I was surprised by the same starting 11 against Glory because against the Nix the team wasn’t that great. A little bench time for a few could be a good jolt.

turbo

To clarify I’m not talking about bringing the young guys in, I mean two or three starters get benched and not just role out the same starting 11 again baring any injuries. To be honest I was surprised by the same starting 11 against Glory because against the Nix the team wasn’t that great. A little bench time for a few could be a good jolt.
I was more agreeing and extending on your comment responding to JP. I think there will be some adjustment to the starting 11 too but I don’t think anyone has fallen so far out of favour they’ll be dumped for one of the 3 mentioned above to get a look in right now.

Meerkat

I was more agreeing and extending on your comment responding to JP. I think there will be some adjustment to the starting 11 too but I don’t think anyone has fallen so far out of favour they’ll be dumped for one of the 3 mentioned above to get a look in right now.

I understand what you are saying.. just struggle to understand keeping a defensive unit that appears inexperienced and inept, when we know we have better talent at our disposal.

I worry that Monty will persevere to prove a point.. that they will eventually prove their talent and worth and shut up the doubters. (A bit like Beni last season.) I have no doubt there is talent there, I trust Monty in that regard. I just hope it’s not so far into the season we are dead and buried and the point is moot.

Forum Phoenix

Given I don't think we'll be changing formation anytime soon. I'm hoping Monty will bring in Hall for Kaltak Ruhs wide for Beni and Kuol for Ayongo. Silvera's output, if you can put goals aside, which you can't, is very small and part of our attacking issues. But goals are goals, so he won't be dropped while he's scoring. At least with Ruhs on his presence will be felt and Kuols pace and flare would be a needed breath of fresh air.

I still think central midfield is a core issue. But I can't' see Steele helping and we have no one else.

ryan

He was in the Western stand chatting to fans about 15 mins before kick off on Saturday, looked ok but then I don't know what he usually looks like :) It would be interesting to know if he's training with the team.
He was doing some fitness work after the game on sunday but had tape over his knee. I don't know what he has been up to during the week but my fingers are crossed for his return.

Michael

Given I don't think we'll be changing formation anytime soon. I'm hoping Monty will bring in Hall for Kaltak Ruhs wide for Beni and Kuol for Ayongo. Silvera's output, if you can put goals aside, which you can't, is very small and part of our attacking issues. But goals are goals, so he won't be dropped while he's scoring. At least with Ruhs on his presence will be felt and Kuols pace and flare would be a needed breath of fresh air.

I still think central midfield is a core issue. But I can't' see Steele helping and we have no one else.
I totally agree with all of this

we need a minimum one more proper decent experienced CM

turbo

Does the pressure start building for Monty if the boys don't get a result tomorrow?
At this point I think how we play is more important. Winning forgives a multitude of sins but if we play a great game only to be stopped by Young's best superman impression and concede an absolute worldie it's a very different conversation to putting another half arsed effort and not really putting up a decent fight.

Either would still be uncomfortable for him but the latter puts him on the shortlist for most endangered managers.

Meerkat

No and stop shit stirring, it makes you sound like a journo or a scummer

I don’t think so.

Even if we don’t agree with it, it’s natural for the blame the coach mentality to hit hard and fast. People are already questioning his recruitment, his line ups, his playing style.. how does the pressure to prove them wrong not build?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred