• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matchday 7 - Cumdogs v Scumdogs

turbo

VAR needs a cut off to when it can influence the game prior to a goal, a time limit of 15 seconds or something like they would work.

Playing devils advocate, what if a player commits a red card offence 15 seconds after they handball occurred? Would it not count because technically play has to go back to there? You can't have your cake and eat it too.
I don’t think you can be so arbitrary. The current window generally works it just hurt us and to be fair the handball was pretty clear.

And a red card offence after the handball could be nullified if it were a DOGSO situation but not if a defender went full Muscat on someone’s legs.

shipwreck

I don’t think you can be so arbitrary. The current window generally works it just hurt us and to be fair the handball was pretty clear.

And a red card offence after the handball could be nullified if it were a DOGSO situation but not if a defender went full Muscat on someone’s legs.
But that's the problem, the current window isn't even defined to my knowledge?

What if that handball happened 2 minutes earlier? 5 minutes earlier? When is the cut off, it needs to be somewhere.

turbo

But that's the problem, the current window isn't even defined to my knowledge?

What if that handball happened 2 minutes earlier? 5 minutes earlier? When is the cut off, it needs to be somewhere.
As far as I'm aware the hard cut off is the ball going out of play. Probably something there about it changing possession too.

LFCMariners

Idk if I’m being harsh or asking too much, but anyone else sick of this crap? I’m sick of dropping points (and usually 3 of them) to teams that we have no business dropping points too. Perth, Macarthur and now Newcastle, all at home. It’s not a one off, it’s happened three times in six games. We should not be losing to Newcastle, especially at home. We are both small regional clubs without great funding, but we actually have a model in which we build our squad upon. We have the best academy in the league by a country mile. We have a model of constant quality youth promotion and it’s seen us make two finals series in a row. Meanwhile, Newcastle have what? I swear they don’t have a model, they just sign whatever half decent footballers that are willing to live in Newcastle. They don’t have any model, they don’t have any long term objectives, this is the same rabble of a team that old mate unleashed upon on A-League’s All Access for sub-standard performances weekly. How the hell did they beat a team with as much direction and objective as us, when they have none. f**k me.
As I said earlier, this was their cup final. They didn't have any disruptions with squad members getting picked for the NT, so they've been able to focus solely on yesterday's fixture for some time. CCM have a game this weekend and then get another crack at the Jest a few days afterwards. I'll wait to see what happens with these fixtures before getting too concerned.

Michael

What an infuriating afternoon. Good first 10 minutes and then absolute dog shit flat for the rest of the first half. Start 2nd with some vigour and then that absolutely laughably embarrassing VAR decision made everything worse.

despite how flat the lads were, I thought we deserved at very least, a draw.
I question the work that was done during the break now, given how flat boys were. And I’m at the point of anger that Monty refuses to shift from a 4-4-2 firstly given that even when we’re dominant we lose the midfield and massive holes are left. Even more so on a hot day like yesterday that issue in compounded 10x. The amount of times max and niz had way too much ground to make up the cover the CM area was for all to see bar the coaching staff.

I love Monty and the work he does. But seriously, get f**king flexible with your formations.

the only positives for me were Tulio looking so much fitter and decent in very small patches and hally was immense. Almost back to his best. Fazz was awful for the most part as was Benny. Both goals were defendable, fazz was asleep and max lost Beka too easily (probably due to exhaustion from too much ground coverage)

FFC Mariner

He could have either:

Played advantage
Pulled it up for them
Pulled it up for us

He did nothing until Niz scored. I think it was handball and ought to have been their free kick.
How did he miss it?

Tevor

This isn't rugby union, play should not continue for 30 seconds, 4 sets of feet, and 60 metres, until it is adjudged to contribute to a goal.

We probably didn't deserve the win. But the call was dogshit.
Absolutely, advantage only lasts 3 or 4 seconds so VAR going back that far is garbage. There will probably be some meek apology that isn’t made public. I found it interesting yesterday when the second ball was on the pitch and the Ref didn’t stop play just like when our goal got rubbed out earlier in the season. Just shows again the League doesn’t want us taking up a valuable top 6 spot.

Big Dog

Not the individuals it's the number of them.
4231 Monty
Interesting that we seem locked in to 4-4-2. Not the first time we've struggled to maintain control in the midfield. If I'm correct Monty was a sticker for 4-4-2 through the academy as well, and possibly because it lined up with Staj in the top team. We had a big beast in Stensness in that squad though so could maybe get away with it. It feels like the formation needs tweaking to play to the strengths of our squad.

On a side note the first goal we conceded felt very familiar to other recent goals we've conceded.

Meerkat

Interesting that we seem locked in to 4-4-2. Not the first time we've struggled to maintain control in the midfield. If I'm correct Monty was a sticker for 4-4-2 through the academy as well, and possibly because it lined up with Staj in the top team. We had a big beast in Stensness in that squad though so could maybe get away with it. It feels like the formation needs tweaking to play to the strengths of our squad.

On a side note the first goal we conceded felt very familiar to other recent goals we've conceded.
As did the second from the set piece.

Forum Phoenix

Was it clear? Yes he hit the ball with his hand but the footage afterwards clearly shows Ruhs made that motion to stop the Kung Fu kick coming straight at him. Ruhs said as much to the opposition player in the footage. For me the free kick was our way first because of the high foot.
Yep. For mine Ruhs is clearly moving his arm up to protect it from incoming studs on a high foot. But regardless, I agree with Monty’s take. This shit should be Common sense. Pulling it back several plays for an arguable missed foul is re-refereeing the game. Not a fan.

Maybe you could make a case of it was the play directly before the goal or apply it like the advantage rule and anything within a few seconds… But for mine that’s too long and a very poor decision not in the spirit of the game.

Last edited:

Tevor

For some reason put myself through watching the replay, I don’t recommend it. Two massive defensive errors that were true spooner season quality. We didn’t play all that much better in the second half it was more the scum protecting their lead than us turning the corner. Looked ordinary in attack all game other than the first minute.

At least we will not be favourites against Shitney after that performance. Mak and Lolley could have a field day with our formation and leaky defence. Burgess is coming into form as well. Need a huge improvement to secure our first home victory for the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami